Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tried it Tuesday- a Few "Tried Its"

Hi there!!

We are here to link up with Holly for Tried it Tuesday!

Photobucket

Let me warn you, these are random things!!

1)  My kids (my personal children- there are 3- 1 girl and 2 boys) love to hunt Easter eggs.  I saw an idea on Pinterest and had to try it.  The pinspiration came from this pin:

I linked the original blog post.  Anyway, this year, we had the kids hunt eggs inside the house on Easter morning, just for fun (and it was raining outside).  I gave each kid a color (or 2) to search for. (This is because my kids are a tad competitive and I know one child of mine that MIGHT have ended up with all of the eggs- which is unfair since she is 3 times the size of her smallest brother- although she probably would have let the "baby" get eggs.  It's the 4-year old she would have totally tried to keep from getting eggs.  Ahhh- sibling rivalry!).

Moving on, the Easter bunny wrote a letter telling the kids what colors to look for (and to behave and what the meaning of Easter was, too)  My 2-year old's eggs were low (blue and yellow eggs), my 4-year old's eggs were a little higher (green and orange eggs), and my 8-year old's were pretty challenging (pink and purple eggs).  They all ended up with the same number of eggs in the end!  They absolutely LOVED it.  My 8-year old daughter told everyone she could about it.  It looks like we've created a family tradition!

2.  Thank you to Elizabeth who mentioned that Google Reader is going away.  She mentioned that she is moving to Bloglovin' so I decided to look into it.
Follow on Bloglovin
Most of the time I read blogs from my dashboard, but if I'm in the car or on my iPad, I do sometimes read from Google Reader because it's faster (but not when I'm driving!!).  So, I really wanted to move all of the blogs I followed over before I lost all of them (and because I wasn't sure how this was going to effect the dashboard).  It took about 30 seconds to create an account and about 5 minutes to move all of my blogs onto my account.  Seriously.  It just uploaded them straight from Google.  AND, since I was in the car most of the weekend (egg hunts, birthday bashes, church, etc) I used Bloglovin' on my phone and it was super easy and user-friendly- sort of Facebook-ish.  I really like it!!  Thanks Elizabeth!!  (Oh, and you can add a button to your sidebar, too, and people can follow that way, too.  I haven't added that yet...)

3.  We had our first linky!!  Yay!!


I'm not gonna, lie, I was a little nervous (and worried and OCD and, well, I won't go on) but we tried it and it was successful!  I said I would have counted it a success if only 1 person linked up!!  And, it made my day when that first person did and then more and more did! If you haven't gotten to read about some of the great books already mentioned, I am linking it here!  There are some great books mentioned from some great bloggers! There's still time to link up, too!

We forgot that we are a part of a blog hop that is going on Sunday so we will post the Must Read Mentor Text Linky on SATURDAY this week.  We are really sorry for any confusion this might cause!!  You can still link up on any day of the week, we just wanted you to know if you are looking for it Sunday, it will be in our Saturday post.  Sorry!!!   (The topic is mentor texts used in Language Arts, which could be reading, writing, or grammar.) 

I can't wait to read the other Tried It posts!  Head over to Holly's blog to check them out with me!
Amanda

14 comments:

  1. I love the Easter egg hunt idea!!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed the linky! I'll look for it this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to check out Bloglovin'....I can't wait o see how easy it is

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great idea for your Easter Egg hunt! I always feel so proud of myself when I actually do something I found on Pinterest instead of just pinning it!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great Easter egg hunt...differentiation within your own family! I read blogs from my dashboard too...but I don't want bloglovin because I don't want another website to check! I have too many!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea for the egg hunt!! I'm glad your kids enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for the Easter Egg hunt! So simple, yet so perfect. I can remember how competitive my sister and I got!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bloglovin so far. I have the app on my iphone so it's so easy to do a little reading here and there! And I also like the facebook-ishness of it!!

    Sarah
    MissKinBK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea having the Easter Bunny assign colored eggs to the kids!
    :)Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Easter egg idea! Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "dashboard" you refer to? Is the list of blog posts that show up on the side of our blogs going to go away? (Maybe I am supposed to be reading them from somewhere else I don't know about...?!)

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Easter egg idea! My son just turned three and my daughter is five. She is very competitive and my son doesn't seem to be taking it too well. He is starting to fight back:) This would be just the ticket and could be applied to other areas too! I signed up for Bloglovin too but haven't actually used it quite yet. Thank you so much for linking up, friends:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Easter egg hunt idea-great way to share the wealth! Do we know when Google Reader will disappear? Yikes!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  13. I switched to Feedly, but I did not know Google Reader was going away until another blogger mentioned it. I look forward to checking out all the mentor text suggestions. I am a new follower.
    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should find for yourself lots of great features by using this tmobile family where app

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...